I love Fridays! It's so fun to introduce a new block and to point you to so many of my friends that are joining in on the fun. Here is this weeks group of amazing designers and quilters that have made blocks. Click on their names to click through to their blogs.
Kimberly Richardson (@kimricharson120)
Dependable: [dih-pen-duh-buh l] adjective
1.capable of being depended on; worthy of trust; reliable:
When I think of dependability, I think of the sunrise. The sun’s rising is something that I can count on every day. I know that as the sky begins to lighten, the rosy glow will follow shortly and within a short space of time the sun will peek over the horizon. And then, gaining momentum, it will push the moon aside as it ascends into the sky. It’s a glorious sight no matter where in the world you stand. It’s beauty is unrestrained, it holds nothing back. Similarly, the love of parent to child is as dependable in my life as the changing of the tide is to the ocean and just as beautiful and necessary. Why do these things transcend mere appreciation and instead touch our soul? I believe that it is the dependable nature of these things which gives us security and peace. And isn’t that what everyone wants in a friendship?
Dependability is the quality of being able to be counted on, or relied upon. When you do everything you say you will do and never make promises you cannot keep. Dependability in a friendship is like a glue. When both parties can be depended upon in all the small ways of friendship it creates a bond. When the big troubles come, they are already bound together in love and support.
Scoopwhoop.com has a handy list to help identify your dependable friends.
1. He/she is the first person you think of when you're in any kind of trouble.
2. Whether they live around the corner or on the other side of the planet, they will always be there for you.
3. You know you can call them up even at 4 AM.
4. Once they say that they'll take care of something, you know they will.
5. In fact, there are times when they sort things out for you even before you ask them to.
6. They don't just offer to help, they also have a solution to the problem.
7. They always say 'Yes'. They never ditch you in times of need!
8. At the same time, they know when to say 'No' and prevent you from getting into trouble.
9. A friend in need is a friend indeed, and a dependable friend is a true testament of that fact.
Making the dependable block is a piece of cake! Here are some pics to follow for construction.